Mechanics offers students the chance to gain hands-on experience of working in a workshop environment. Learning safely to dismantle variation’s of machinery, whilst being able to identify the key component used in the industry.
The course is designed to give students an insight into the world of mechanics and, to gain NCFE at two levels.
From level one which covers:
– Health and Safety within a workshop
– Workshop tools and equipment
– Identification of basic internal / external car components
– Car tyre maintenance and care
– Introduction to car valeting
To level two covering:
– Introduction to vehicle maintenance and repair
– Basic motor vehicle maintenance
– Fault finding
– Safe Tractor operation
As well as helping students to gain employment after completing the awards, they can also decide to study this subject at a higher lever on a full time basis in college.